We have trained teams and individuals with a variety of goals including post-natal mothers requiring fat loss to youth footballers aiming to improve acceleration speed and agility. We have also worked with clients suffering from Cerebral Palsy and other musculoskeletal/neurological disorders. A bespoke programme is created for every client, in order to achieve your specific goals.
Rob loves to stay active and has competed/trained in many different sports including football, cricket, squash, mountain biking, cross country running, athletics, swimming and Thai boxing.
Rob has been involved in Thai Boxing since 2007 through the World famous, Bad Company Gym in Leeds. He has also trained in Thailand in several gyms including Sinbi Muay Thai (Phuket), Tiger Muay Thai (Phuket) and Pinyo Gym (Koh Samui).
Rob Milner is the owner and coach at GO Performance, with many years experience of helping clients achieve their performance, fitness and nutrition goals. Rob also leads the Strength and Conditioning programme at York Sport, working with the high-performance Scholarship athletes and Focus Sport teams from the University of York. These sports have included rowing, rugby union, lacrosse, futsal, football, swimming, water polo, athletics, netball and MMA amongst others.
He is an Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach with the UK Strength and Conditioning Association. He also has a BSc Sport Studies degree from Leeds Metropolitan University and is a Level 3 Personal Trainer with a GP Exercise Referral qualification. With a real passion for developing young athletes, Rob runs weekly Youth Athletic Development sessions in York and Harrogate with youth athletes from sports such as bouldering, rugby, football, swimming and track field.
- UK Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCC)
- Enhanced DBS/CRB Certificate
- Child Safeguarding Certificate
- HSE – Emergency First Aid At Work Qualification
- BSc (Hons) Sport Studies – Leeds Metropolitan University
- Level 3 PT qualification
- British Weightlifting Level 2 Coach
- Regularly attend leading S&C conferences and workshops to further my knowledge. Always learning!
Other athletes we’ve worked with so far :
- GB Youth Track Cyclist
- GB Rowing START athletes
- Leeds Rhinos Netball Academy
- UK No.1 Masters Decathlete
- Bradford Bull RLFC Academy
- York RUFC
- UK Top 10 Ranked Muay Thai Fighter – Strength and Conditioning coaching and nutritional support
- Leeds Roller Dolls – Strength and Conditioning coaching
- Leeds Rowing Club – Strength and Conditioning coaching for Senior and Development squads
- Harrogate Grammar School – Strength and Conditioning coaching for mixed age groups
- Harrogate Railway FC Players – Pre-season fitness & nutrition coaching
- Warrington Wolves RLFC
- Bradford City 1st Team – Pre-season testing